Borrow

A history of philosophy volume 1 greece & rome part 2 (1962)

Author: Copleston, Frederick Charles
Volume: ONE (1) Part 2
Subject: Philosophy
Publisher: Garden City, N.Y. : Image Books
Language: English
Digitizing sponsor: Internet Archive
Book contributor: Internet Archive
Collection: lendinglibrary; browserlending; internetarchivebooks; americana

Includes bibliographical references

v. 1. Greece and Rome.--v. 2. Medieval philosophy, Augustine to Scotus.--v. 3. Ockham to Suárez.--v. 4. Descartes to Leibnitz.--v. 5. Hobbes to Hume.--v. 6. Wolff to Kant.--v. 7. Fichte to Nietzsche.--v. 8. Bentham to Russell.--v. 9. Maine de Biran to Sartre

Write a review
Borrowed 129 times
Reviews
Average Rating: 5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars

Reviewer: Telfan - 5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars5.00 out of 5 stars - May 2, 2014
Subject: History of Philosophy Vol 1, Part 1 review
This is by far the most comprehensive, detailed, and exhaustive treatment of the history of philosophy I have ever read. As a student of philosophy, it can be difficult at times to weed through all the different sources and find the most accurate ones. In the spirit of dialectical reasoning, it seems this book has led me to a more accurate version of the history of philosophy after years of constant study. At times this book can be overwhelming, especially if you are not a student of the greek language, and the style and use of the language can get very stuffy and intellectual. I recommend reading this along side another history of philosophy book for clarity and understanding. Copleston has given me the insight into Ancient Greece and Rome that I had been after for years, yet it had eluded me. Two thumbs up for this excellent book. I recommend reading the entire 11 volume series for anyone interested, especially serious students of philosophy.

Boxid: IA111115
Scanningcenter: sfdowntown
Mediatype: texts
Identifier: historyofphiloso12copl
Operator: scanner-xingyi-zhang@...
Scanner: scribe18.sfdowntown.archive.org
Identifier-access: http://www.archive.org/details/historyofphiloso12copl
Identifier-ark: ark:/13960/t3xs6c144
Ocr: ABBYY FineReader 8.0
Donor: alibris